Thursday, October 8, 2009

Home Remedy For High Fever

I had a very high fever three weeks ago.
I just found out that I was not born a superman and as human as all babies out there. I had high fever last September. Here's the story. Dad had to go to work. He wanted to bring me because he was going to a meeting where most are women. And so we went. However, while on the road, it rained hard. We were inside the taxi when it started. Dad had an umbrella but it was not enough to cover us from the rain. At the office where the meeting took place were 6 women. They were so amused upon seeing me that their attention was suddenly focused on me. Dad was talking to the boss while I was playing with the women. I was passed from one woman to another. I made them all very happy especially  when I gave them a killer smile. After the meeting, the rain also stopped. Dad flagged a taxi and we went home.

And then it happened. By 1:00am I felt so hot. My face was so hot. My head was very hot. My whole body was burning hot! I was screaming in tears. I cannot explain how it was. Dad felt guilty. It is always good to have a thermometer at home because mom placed it in my armpit and clipped my arm towards my body lightly. After a few minutes it sounded and there it was, 39degrees. Dad prepared a not so cold water for me to take bath at 2:00am! It was like 5cups of cold water and 1cup of hot water. Mom and dad gave me a quick bath, less than 3 minutes I think. I felt a little better after the bath. I wasn't able to sleep though, and so did mom and dad.
In the morning, dad went to buy some paracetamol syrup. At this time, my grandma from the province came. She instructed mom and dad what to do. During the period of high fever, I always had this cold wet towel in my forehead and at the back of my neck. Grandma said that to keep the body temperature when having high fever still, always put cold compress at the back of the neck and at the forehead. My fever lasted for 3 days. During this time I had so many water and paracetamol. Every hour I was given my bottle of water. I was only sipping little every time that is why they are always giving me water.
This is my tip to mommys and daddys:
1. Always check the temperature of you baby. Every hour if you can. If it reaches 39 or 40 every time. Better bring your baby to the hospital.
2. Always let your baby drink water.
3. Paracetamol syrup comes in handy. Be sure to give your baby medicine with the right schedule.
4. Give your baby a cold bath to lessen the hot feeling.
5. Cold compress in the forehead and back of the neck.
6. comfortable clothes.
7. Always hold your baby, show him/her care. It will greatly increase the healing effect of your baby.
I hope my experience will help parents decide when their baby also has high fever.

No comments:

Post a Comment