Tuesday, October 13, 2009

How Do Babies Feel When Playing

Play, play, and more play!

I like to play with dad and mom. This is one thing I like to do. From the moment I wake up in the morning until I sleep at night, playing with them is best thing to do. When they go to work, I still love to play but nothing compares to mom and dad as my playmates.
Dad likes to play funny faces and words. This is how we bond. He talks to me, I smile back. He cuddles me, I laugh back. He makes funny faces and sounds, I laugh back with amusement. This activity alone makes us happy. Sometimes when dad gets home from work, the first thing he will do is play with me. Mom seems to be jealous, but I don't care. I'm a baby remember?




Also, don't worry too much about stimulating your child to give her a "head start" on learning. Just because you and your partner are your baby's first teachers doesn't mean that you have to put pressure on yourselves to teach her anything. Your child learns from everything in her world: the things she sees, touches, hears, smells, and tastes. She doesn't need a set of fancy flashcards or other learning aids, at least not yet. As you play with your baby, keep in mind that play is supposed to be fun. Both you and your child will have more fun if you keep the pressure to learn to a minimum.
During these first few months especially, what your baby needs from you is your love, your attention, and your time. More than anything else (even food), she wants and needs you to:
  • Hold her
  • Sing to her
  • Play with her
  • Talk to her
  • Coo to her
  • Read to her
  • Praise even the smallest of successes
  • Cuddle with her

No comments:

Post a Comment