Tuesday, October 13, 2009

When Dad Cooked Egg For Breakfast

Dad Cooked Breakfast

My mom had to deliver some of her small home decorations to a buyer. Dad had no choice but to cook his own breakfast. He saw eggs in the fridge and started to play with it. I was in my crib. Dad stood in front of me with two eggs on his hand. He was showing off his skills to me although all he did was circle around the eggs with his hands while expressing a funny face. Of course I laughed. Dad made me smile again with his corny moves.

After showing off, the pan was hot, he kept looking at me while cooking saying egg is the easiest breakfast to cook. After some minutes, the air thickened... dad's eggs were fried too much. The heat from the electric stove was set at high. Dad tried to hide from me the over fried eggs by putting it in a bowl immediately.


Here are some baby breakfast ideas:
You can now give wholegrain low sugar adult breakfast cereals and maybe add chopped fresh or dried fruits and maybe some toasted wheat germ for a nutritious breakfast.
Many breakfast cereals are fortified with iron so it is good to give some vitamin C rich food or drink at the same time like kiwi fruit or orange juice as this helps to boost iron absorption.
Eggs are also a good food for breakfast but you must make sure that the yolk and white are cooked until solid. Well-cooked scrambled eggs and omelettes are fine but soft boiled eggs and poached eggs are not advisable for young babies.
Yoghurt and fromage frais are good for breakfast but choose whole milk rather than the low-fat variety.
Eggy bread (see recipe) and cheese on toast are also good and for a treat you can make pancakes.
Fresh and dried fruit make goods a great baby breakfast ideas and finger food.

No comments:

Post a Comment